As we enter into the cooler fall and winter months in Florida, it’s important to prepare your home for the changing weather. However, it is not just humans that prepare for the dropping temperatures. Raccoons may start to seek shelter and food sources both in and around homes and businesses.
Raccoons taking up residence on your property could potentially lead to structural damage and health risks to your family or employees. As the best Tampa pest control company, we at Nvirotect Pest Control Services are here to help you both prevent raccoons and humanely remove them if necessary.
Get To Know Raccoons
Raccoons are notorious for their adaptability and agility. Sometimes referred to as ‘night bandits,’ they are known to enter sheds, garages, trash cans, and even homes and businesses in search of food and shelter. When decorating or cleaning your home to prepare for fall, you should take measures to protect your property from these clever creatures.
Raccoons can also carry various diseases, including rabies, which can be transmitted through bites or scratches. Additionally, their feces may contain harmful parasites such as raccoon roundworm, which can be dangerous if inhaled.
If you encounter raccoons on your property, it is essential that you seek out professional wildlife removal services in Tampa from Nvirotect Pest Control Services.
How to Tell If There Are Raccoons On Your Property
If you suspect that there are raccoons on your property, there are some common signs to look out for:
- Nocturnal Activity: Raccoons are primarily nocturnal, so you may hear them moving around at night, especially in the attic or crawl spaces.
- Scattered Trash: Raccoons are notorious for rummaging through garbage cans. If you wake up to find trash strewn about your yard, it could be a telltale sign of raccoon activity.
- Footprints: Raccoon tracks resemble small human hands with distinct claw marks. If you spot these tracks around your property, it is a clear indication that raccoons have been exploring.
- Droppings: Raccoon feces can often be found near their den sites, and they may contain undigested food, making them distinguishable from other animal droppings.
- Damaged Property: Raccoons have a habit of tearing up shingles, vents, and screens when trying to access your attic or other sheltered areas. If you notice structural damage, it is best to hire a professional to investigate further.
- Chatter and Vocalization: Raccoons can be quite vocal, producing chattering, hissing, or growling sounds, especially during mating season.
Preventing Raccoons from Entering Your Property
In addition to seeking out professional services, there are multiple steps that you can take to minimize the risk of raccoons invading your property this season.
- Securing Garbage Bins: Raccoons are attracted to food sources, whether fresh or a few days old. Keeping your garbage bins tightly closed with raccoon-resistant lids is a great way to deter them from your property.
- Removing Outdoor Food Sources: Leaving pet food or birdseed outdoors provides an easy target for raccoons. Do not leave any food sources out in the open, and ensure that all food is sealed properly.
- Trimming Trees and Branches Close to Your Home: Raccoons are skilled climbers. To help prevent them from getting on top of your roof, trim branches that provide easy access.
- Securing Access Points: Regularly inspect your property for potential entry points and repair or seal them to prevent raccoons from gaining access.
- Installing Motion-Activated Lights and Alarms: These can startle raccoons and deter them from coming too close to your property.
- Consulting the Professionals: If you suspect raccoon activity, do not hesitate to contact Nvirotect Pest Control Services for a free comprehensive inspection and solution.
Our Approach to Raccoon Removal
At Nvirotect Pest Control Services, your Tampa pest control company, we understand the importance of raccoon-proofing your property. Our team of experienced Wildlife Removal specialists are highly trained in humane raccoon removal services. If you call us for raccoon removal, you can expect:
- Inspection: Our first step is to conduct a thorough inspection of your property to identify potential entry points and assess the extent of the raccoon problem.
- Trapping, Removal, Relocation, and Release: We use safe and humane trapping methods to capture raccoons. Once captured, we relocate them to an appropriate, natural habitat, ensuring they are not harmed.
- Sealing Entry Points: We provide expert exclusion services to seal entry points to prevent raccoons from entering through those entry points. This includes sealing active entry points along with preventatively addressing any vulnerable access areas.
Need Professional Raccoon Removal? Contact Nvirotect Pest Control Services
Contact Nvirotect Pest Control Services today for professional assistance in raccoon-proofing your property. Our experienced team is ready to help you protect your home and loved ones from the risks and dangers posed by raccoons this fall.